Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Scroll Thief Returns

Developing Scroll Thief was a wild ride, and I had a lot of fun doing it. Recently, I found a small team of talented people who thought it looked fun too, and we are enhancing and expanding the game over the next few months. One of the things I've been working on is art for the title screen and loading screen. Here's what I have:




















I might end up having him slicing a word in half...maybe the game title. The ninja in the bottom one is not as cartoony, but then the rest of the image is. I'm not sure I like that. Is it distracting?

1 comment:

  1. I like the top one a lot better (fits the design of the game better), but it might be a bit contradictory for him to be waving his sword around, since he never uses it in the game; in fact, the whole point of the game is to use sneaking around and hiding as your only tactics. Unless you've changed the game up, of course!

    ReplyDelete